Re: [SLUG] Linux - Mass Storage

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:42:58 EST

> is it possible to even boot from a usb drive? Is the interface fast enough?

   I do not understand how speed inters into booting.

>>You would want the modules added into your initrd file in the /boot
>>directory.

   Booting is not a LINUX job, it is a BIOS function, if you can boot into
DOS with any device you can boot into LINUX with that device.
       (I did not say the OS will be on it, I would use LOADLIN)
   I am sure some BIOS's in some mommy boards will or shall do it.

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time. SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm