Re: [SLUG] Konquerer Strangeness

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 12:17:29 EST

On Thursday 14 March 2002 01:13 L, you wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:08:09AM -0500, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> Yep, seen it. It's called a bug. <grin>
>
> I'm using RH7.2 and the stock Konqueror that comes with it. This doesn't
> happen often, but it happens, and I have to do the same thing.
> Fortunately for us, Open Source software gets fixed faster than some
> commercial varieties.
>
> Overall, despite the fact that Konqueror is dog slow compared to
> Netscape 4.7x, it is the most stable browser I've used. That includes
> Opera, which, at version 5.0, was pretty darn unstable.
>
> Paul
Ok, so it is a known "feature" I too am using RH 7.2. I wonder how long
before they do get it fixed, indeed you are right it will probably be fixed
much faster than the ones we see in the others (I too use Opera, and
I like it but the fixes do not come as fast as they should) I.E. and NS
both have "features" that I think have been there forever. So much for
closed systems....

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT