Re: [SLUG] Tampa meeting: What happened?

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 14:15:39 EST

I know I'm not the one that makes the longest trip, but sometimes I
don't know if I'm going to be late until 18:00, and I'm not at a
wireless email terminal either. If Tom is willing to send me a phone
number on or off list, I would definitely call. In the future, an
8.5" x 11" notice with Scotch tape will do just fine to prompt us to
the new room/location. Fair enough?

<passionate emotion>
I would happily pronounce my steamy breath through the door cracks.
I would claw at the at the near carpet and yelp like a wounded hound.
I would swing about the open space in fabled nudity to catch one's attention.
I WOULD DO ANYTHING (butBEonTIME) FOR MY MEETINGS!
</(overexaggerated) passionate emotion>

I know getting there early is the best thing, but 15-30min. isn't
that bad, is it? If we're going to have meetings at secure
locations, we should try to promote as much old-fashioned openness as
possible. Things like this really make me miss the meetings at the
high school chem lab --first floor, no security, power plugs on the
lab tables (no Ethernet).

I lieu of some other posts after my first, how about a remote control
device that would make a light turn on in the meeting room? I used
to play with the 27MHz range, but it's been a while, but I think some
other SLUGgers are better with RF. I'm talking about something like
X-10 (http://www.x10.com).

I think the PVC sign idea is great. I think a rapid-inflating seven
foot penguin holding a sign is too expensive. Who's idea was that
anyway :^P?

Mario