[SLUG] Job Postings Now Ready

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 15:11:33 EST

Okay, I got around to it. On the SLUG site, you will now find a Jobs
page at:

http://www.suncoastlug.org/jobs.html

At the moment, it contains only one bogus job posting, though you're
welcome to call the number on it. ;-}

At the top of that page, there is a link for companies who want to do
job postings, which takes them to a page just for that. Those postings
get emailed to me. I look over them to see if everything's there, then
stick them in an email folder. Then I run an script to scoop the job
stuff into the jobs page. At some point, I upload the new jobs page.

This arrangement is a _pilot_. I'm still working on the script (I'm
having to figure out how to make it delete older postings, among other
things). So the page may change, etc. etc. But for now, you have
_something_ at least.

I'll be contacting the people who wanted to offer jobs in the last few
weeks, and letting them know the page is there.

If you've got comments or questions, let me know. But do it quickly,
before I set all this in stone.

Paul