Re: [SLUG] Repost: RFC: Sample Job Board Built with Zope

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 16:18:00 EST

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:42:43PM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> Yes, but I have firewall issues. As in, I don't know how to configure one.
> Derek Glidden gave me a basic script for doing packet forwarding, and it
> works okay, but if I had had to do that, it still wouldn't be done. I've
> tried various software firewall packages, but they are just about as hard to
> use as doing it myself.
>
> Russell

For the most part, this requires you to actually _know_
ipchains/ipfilter, and be able to manually set up the rules. However, if
you check the SLUG links page (http://www.suncoastlug.org/links.html)
and search for "firewall", there's a link to a site where you can enter
various parameters, and it will spit out a firewall script. I can't
vouch for how good it is.

Paul