RE: [SLUG] System can't find SCSI CD for source media

From: Clay, John (John.Clay@lfr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 08:51:27 EST

Thanks to all who provided tips concerning this problem;

I decided to replace the SCSI CD with an IDE and boot with the megaraid boot
disk. The system recognized the IDE CD and so I loaded from that. Everything
seemed to go well. Of course there is an "however": After configuring x with
fx86config I can start x, KDE then starts but I have no mouse control. It
sorta flits around. Here is what I know:

* This has occurred on two machines (home and work) that I've been
experimenting with over the past 72 hours,
* I've correctly identified my video cards, video memory and monitor - video
display seems OK'
* I know what sort of mouse is connected though I've tried any and all that
seemed possible'
* I've run fx86config easily 30 times with various config changes.
* I've checked the Slack site fairly thoroughly and haven't found any info

Any Ideas?

TIA
John Clay