Re: [SLUG] At&T dial up

From: Andy Woeber (scoville300@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:47:25 EST

TIA

Yes, I have the ATT Worldnet Service, and the service works fine with Linux.
You need to know your ATT account settings such as the DNS addresses, email
password, email address, etc. to set up kppp or internet dialer in Redhat
linux. I have no problems logging on. To retrieve these ATT settings, you
need to have the ATT Worldnet dialer software on a Windows machine to log on
and retrieve the info. Worldnet does not provide a linux version of their
dialer, however with the obtained ISP settings, their dialer is not required
in linux. In fact, ATT tracks internet use with their dialer and I believe
when connected with ATT in linux this software is not activated.

Andy W.