Re: [SLUG] Running a mail server in the privacy of my own home

From: Bill (selinuxathome@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 18:02:15 EST

On Thursday 04 April 2002 06:27, you wrote:
> Bill:
> Can you post the steps you did to do this. Or better yet add this to the
> Slug How-to, as I'm sure there will be others interested in doing this,
> now that Yahoo is going to start charging everyone to use the mail
> forwarding function of Yahoo.
>
> Thanks
> Mike M
>
> >Yahoo has announced that they want folding money for hosting e-mail and I
> > am tired of changing my email address every few minutes (or so it seems).
> > Moreover, organic-earth.com is intended to eventually add to the family
> > exchequer so I thought it would be a good idea to have my email coming to
> > bill@organic-earth.com instead of the current organicearthdotcom@yahoo
> > address. That "@yahoo" sticks in my craw.
> >
> >Bill

Well, if I did I would be reinventing the wheel. :-)

There is already a decent How-To at
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cmail2.html

All the author of that lacked was clarity regarding the MX records and tips
on adding email - only users.

If I can find the time (currently working 16-18 hrs / day), I'll certainly
put together a description of what steps I took. [Minus the most glaring of
the boo-boos, of course :-) ]

Bill