Re: [SLUG] no more windows

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 14:13:32 EDT

Seth Hollen wrote:

>Just a little announcement that as of this AM I no longer have any
>windows OS on my main box. It Redhat 7.3 beta, I hadn booted over to
>windows 2k in such a long time I felt I could make better use of those
>10 gigs.
>I feel cleaner somehow...;)

Everything balances out. I recently got my wife a laptop that had
Windows Former Urine (AKA "XP") installed on it, and even though I added
Mandrake 8.2 I kept XP, mostly so we could check some of our Web sites
with MSIE, a browser still used by Internet neophytes who have not yet
discovered the joys of Mozilla's tabbed browsing and text zoom features.

This is the first time my wife has had Windows available to her in over
three years. She booted into it a couple of times, then jumped back to
Linux, and is now taking an IBM "teach yourself Linux" online class that
she says is really, really good.

- Robin