[SLUG] Sarasota/Bradenton Meeting, April 23, 2002

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:55:46 EDT

Since there is no assurance that such a meeting can/will be held at the
place ( Certification, Inc.) shown @
http://suncoastlug.org/meetings.html#sarasota, I will host a LUG meeting
or gathering or whatever you want to call it at my Bradenton home,
Tuesday Apr. 23, starting at 7 p.m.

We will not have a timeclock at the door. If you show up a little early,
cool. A little late, ditto.

Facilities = seating for ~8 people, maybe 12 if some are on the
patio/carport and/or the sunporch. More than 8 show up, it's a party,
not a meeting. And that's okay too!

Connectivity = open (for that evening at least) 802.11b wireless
network, CAT-5 connections in living room only. DHCP server works fine
with all Linux variants we've tried, is cool with Mac. No Windows, please.

Agenda = freeform. Bring a question, an answer, an idea, a friend or
lover, a beer, a soda, software you want to share, a favorite music CD,
an open mind. (Please leave strong religious/political opinions at home.)

How to get here:

Address = 206 52nd Ave. W, Bradenton FL 34207

-----------------------------

Directions from Rt. 41:

Go West on 53rd Ave (Bradenton; it's also SR 70) to 5th St. W.

Turn Left/North from 53rd Ave onto 5th St. West, very shortly turn
right (West) on 52nd Ave. *Do not get confused by 52nd Ave Terrace or
52nd Ave Blvd; you want the real, pure, simple 52nd Ave.*

----------------------------

Directions from I-75:

Take SR 70 exit West. It will become 53rd Ave. Turn Turn Right/North
from 53rd Ave onto 5th St. West, very shortly turn right (West) on
52nd Ave. *Do not get confused by 52nd Ave Terrace or 52nd Ave Blvd; you
want the real, pure, simple 52nd Ave.*

When you see the address "206" (on the right) you are here. Identifiers
besides number
"206" are bright blue Jeep Cherokee and light blue sailboat in
driveway/carport, "Miller" on the mailbox, solar-powered patio lights at
end of driveway. Park on the street. It's legal as long as you don't
block our neighbors' driveways.

Hope to see you here!

- Robin and Debbie Miller