[SLUG] Linux live CD system

From: Knoppix User (piper@ij.net)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 22:43:50 EDT

This is pretty cool. I downloaded and burned a live CD system of Linux
called Knoppix,
 http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dknoppix%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

and I'm posting right now from it in Mozilla running in KDE. It has
tons of software- koffice, gimp, mozilla, emacs, vim, abiword,
kdevelop, games, etc. (but open office is with German menus), and it
seems like it could be the mother of all rescue disks, as well as a good
way to show people a bit of linux without destroying their (windows) system.

Once it boots there is a Knoppix entry in the KDE menu that lets you
configure printer, networking, ssh server, etc. I just typed in a few
ip addresses and then bam networking was up and running and mozilla was
working. You should have 128 mb or more for kde, or 16mb for command
line mode.

scott