Re: [SLUG] the public school accepts donations of computers working or not

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 21:47:48 EDT

>>Hello All,
>>
>>If you are worried about this occurring the just wipe the drives before
>>turning over the units! No Software.....No licensing issues !
>>
>>Fred
>>

> ALWAYS wipe the drive before passing it along ... unless your private data
> means nothing at all to you. And that's a WIPE, not a simple delete.

   I don't have a dog in this fight, I must always use 90% of my old confusor to build
each new one, (just an upgrade) so I dont't ever have a `computer' to give away but,
why don't LINUX users give away (if we do?) our OLD computers with a fresh install
of FREE LINUX (booting into the non-LINUX X-system) with a big sign on every thing
(keyboard, confusor case etc.) `the installed and operating system is FREE TO USE
for ever, and that it doesn't have to be replaced, it can just be used as it is.'
(and how to get to the manual pages etc.) ?

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time. SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm