Re: [SLUG] Apologizes

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 10:45:11 EDT

On Wed, 2000-01-26 at 18:41, diego henao wrote:
> First, I want to say sorry if I hurt the feelings of some people in this
> list. I didn't know that we can't make jokes in this list. Also I didn't
> know that maybe I would find people under 21 years old here in this list
> (I assume that an adult can hear a bad word that is really used every
> single day in many situations). If I said something that disappointed
> you I wish you to forgive me. Otherwise, I found a sharing software. The
> name is edonkey2000. You can get it from www.edonkey2000.com. Using this
> software you can get either Suse 8.0 or Suse 7.3 for free. This software
> is available in different versions. One of them is for linux.

Unfortunately, this isn't a legal way of obtaining the newer versions of
SuSe.. if there are commercially licensed binaries on those CDs.

Free (as in Beer) Software does not condone piracy. "Don't copy that
floppy", kid ;)

Free (as in Libre) Software does not need piracy - the software is
already free for the community to copy and distribute at will.

> Once again, please forgive me if I insulted or disappointed someone.

Nope. Bothered, perhaps, but we're more open minded than most folk (I
sincerely hope).

Can't say I understood the joke.. but that's me.

No worries.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com