Re: [SLUG] Sarasota meetings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 18:45:23 EDT

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:37:52PM -0400, Mikes work account wrote:

> Ok group,, Here is what I know.
>
> I have been out of town for 10 days attending Redhats admin course so I may
> not be up to date on this issue, but here goes.
>
> I called Certification Inc on Wood St in Sarasota where the meetings were
> held and Sandy Woods the owner said we could continue using the facilities
> for our meetings if there was a moderator for the group.
>
> I can do it if I am not out of town on business which happens all too
> frequently. If someone will help me do that we can get started this next
> tuesday but I need responses before I get back with Sandy.
>
> If you have suggestions or need to bring me up to date then do so now
> please.
>
> Michael C. Rock

This is up to you guys to resolve amongst yourselves. Robin volunteered
for the next meeting or two, which is fine if everyone agrees. I'd say
the most critical need in Sarasota is for someone to run the meetings.
Robin is kind of a snowbird, so he's not a good choice for running
meetings in general. And it looks like you're not really in a position
to do it on a routine basis, either.

So I'd say that you guys (if you're agreeable) probably have the next
couple of meetings handled. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to
try and find someone who can stably run the meetings. That person might
even be able to hold them at Certification, Inc., or you guys could find
another location.

When you work it out, though, let Ed and I know.

Paul