Re: [SLUG] Need some help from the group

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 18:21:50 EDT

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:51:56AM +0000, dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Absolutely! This is going to be a big project. It is for a non-profit
> Christian school in Seffner. They are getting a grant to do this and the
> foundation supporting them has pledged their support. The scope of the
> project is 2 computers in each room with access to the Internet (that will be
> 14 of them) and a 12 system lab in their library. All the cables have been
> run and I will be putting wall, outlets on them (this is a new addition to a
> school). Once the money has been approved, I'll finish the sales job.
> I just
> had to be sure I could get some in the group to help. We'll need a main
> server
> (DHCP & File / Print), firewall server, and they have a CD Server they
> want to
> use if they can. All I'll need from the group is your LINUX knowledge, and
> willingness to help out on Saturday's, etc. Frankly, I think there is enough
> talent in the group that with enough people we could do this in one day...I
> think.
>
> Anyway, I'll share more tonight. Thanks everyone for your positive feedback.

If you can use something like a 486 firewall, I can supply one (free, as
in beer). I have several sitting in my garage gathering dust, and this
is a good cause. I can configure it like my existing firewall-- Coyote,
running off diskette. I don't know if that is enough horsepower for a 24
computer connection. But if so, let me know. I can bring it to a Tampa
meeting.

Paul