[SLUG] Final notice about Bradenton gathering tonight

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:44:54 EDT

Still on.

7 p.m. or thereabouts. Debbie went to the grocery store earlier for
munchies, and has been cleaning house in case anyone shows up. (If not,
I have several weeks' supply of peanuts!)

Remember, this is not a structured meeting, but a get-together based on
the "Linux is supposed to be fun" philosophy suggested by some guy
named Torvalds, of whom you may have heard along the way.

Ideally, the Bradenton/Sarasota/Venice meeting torch will be taken up by
someone more stable than me, and will be carried high and proud into the
future like a beacon in the sea of Microsof darkness that is Manatee
County. (Not kidding. Linux is not welcome here. Check this site out in
a Linux browser if you don't believe me:
http://www.manateeedc.com/sorry.asp) Perhaps that someone will be here
tonight. That would be very nice. And if someone shows up who has good
(provable) graphic design + HTML + Perl skills and wants to do a little
freelance work on Linux.com and NewsForge.com, that would also be nice.
I'm looking.

Anyway, few-but-proud Linux funlovers, here are the directions again,
and if you get lost you can call us at 941-739-5696 -- and hopefully
someone else who knows this area better than I do will be here by the
time you call and can help you find your way.

- Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
    Editor in Chief
Linux.com/NewsForge.com

-------------------

Address = 206 52nd Ave. W, Bradenton FL 34207

Directions from Rt. 41:

Go West on 53rd Ave (it's also SR 70) to 5th St. W.

Turn Left/North from 53rd Ave onto 5th St. West (big green sign;
traffic light), very shortly turn right (East) on 52nd Ave. *Do not get
confused by 52nd Ave Terrace or 52nd Ave Blvd; you want the real, pure,
simple 52nd Ave.*

Directions from I-75:

Take SR 70 exit West. It will become 53rd Ave. Turn Turn Right/North
from 53rd Ave onto 5th St. West (big green sign; traffic light), very
shortly turn right (East) on 52nd Ave. *Do not get confused by 52nd Ave
Terrace or 52nd Ave Blvd; you want the real, pure, simple 52nd Ave.*

When you see the address "206" (on the right) you are here. Identifiers
besides number "206" are bright blue Jeep Cherokee and light blue
sailboat in driveway/carport, "Miller" on the mailbox, solar-powered
patio lights at end of driveway. Park on the street. It's legal as
long as you don't block our neighbors' driveways.