Re: [SLUG] Domain Registration

From: Jon Maguire (w1mnk@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 16:49:42 EDT

Timothy,
               Yes, I've heard that when you register with Verisign, they
maintain ownership and control over the domain even though you pay for it.
Thanks for the reminder. And thanks to David, Ronan and Matt for quick
concise answers. I'll do some shopping around with the information you
provided and see what the best deal is. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again.

Jon
At 03:44 PM 4/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Pardon me for butting in BUT the competition is very great out there.
>Lots and lots of name registration companies, prices as low as $9.95
>per year.
>
>Do a Google search and see what you come up with. I use Domain Monger,
>$17 per year. I could get cheaper but I like their service. They are
>part of Tucows.
>
>Whatever you do DON'T use VERISIGN. I used them initially and had to
>pull teeth to get rid of them. They are like chewing gum on your shoe
>or a poor relative who has come for a visit.
>
>Timothy

Jon Maguire
w1mnk@tampabay.rr.com
Redhat 7.2 Pro