Re: [SLUG] Control, I need CONTROL

From: Patrick \(at work\) (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 14:44:25 EDT

Zworld Engineering (http://www.zworld.com) and Allen-Bradley have some low
cost simple controllers. Embedded industry always avoid a PC making
critical controlling decisions. The PC becomes little more that an
interface, passing commands off to the controller to carry out. You are
better of having a controller that can operate independent of a PC. At one
time this was my career: Zworld has a great learning package that includes
the controller, PC interface manuals etc. A great kit. I embarked on a
home thermostat, hot water controller, sprinkler system. I never finished
it, but I learned quite a bit.