Re: [SLUG] Need PII 333MHz

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 15:11:11 EDT

> Curiosity is making me ask, lol. Why not simply underclock the 350?

The system that this is going into is an HP Netserver E45. Even with their
latest BIOS update, I get the following error at bootup with the 350
underclocked:

0B00-0A
Missing Microcode Update data block for Pentium II CPU

I am assuming that using a PII 333 will resolve this, although I am not
positive. BTW, the box seems to run fine on the 350, other than the error. I
am tempted to just ignore the error, and go ahead and use it... But if I can
get my hands on a 333, that would be better. Thanks,

Doug