Re: [SLUG] Need PII 333MHz

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 15:16:35 EDT

I bet I could answer this one because on some of the older mother boards if
you run a 350 underclocked it will not show up nor work as a 333. The chip
sets from Intel will not show this up correctly on csome Motherboards
correctly. I have a dual 333 board that I tried to run two 350's on and it
will only show them as 300 or 233. Even with a bios update.

The Bus speeds for a 350 work at 50 mhz where as the 333 uses 66mhz bus
Next some of the 350 only has 256k cache and
the 333 would use 512 L2 cache. Some cases the 333 would out do the 350's.
I would also love to trade one of my pII350's for a pII 333mhz as well. One
problem though the 333mhz's did not last in production long. Less than a
year.