Re: [SLUG] Need PII 333MHz

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 16:21:18 EDT

> I bet I could answer this one because on some of the older mother boards
if
> you run a 350 underclocked it will not show up nor work as a 333.

Actually, the underclocked 350 does show up as a 333MHz on my Netserver E45

> The Bus speeds for a 350 work at 50 mhz where as the 333 uses 66mhz bus

When I originally used this PII 350 in my primary box, I ran it with 100MHz
memory... I am assuming this is what you are referring to as bus speeds,
although the whole FSB/memory speed/Northbridge/Southbridge relation is
still not clear to me...

> Next some of the 350 only has 256k cache and
> the 333 would use 512 L2 cache.

This one has 512k cache.

>Some cases the 333 would out do the 350's.
> I would also love to trade one of my pII350's for a pII 333mhz as well.

Hey, I asked first :)