Re: [SLUG] Jobs/FAQs

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 17:01:19 EDT

What do they call the Medical School student who finished last in his class?
  Doctor.

You can say pretty much the same thing about college degrees. In fact,
substitute certifaction for college degree in your sentence and the argument
is equally convincing.

As someone who does have a college degree and more than a handful of certs I
will say the following....No, never mind. You can find the same argument
discussed on any number of lists that invokes the name of certification. No
sense in me developing carpal tunnel over it. I just wanted to point out
that I had college degrees and certs...so I am clearly better than you :)