Re: [SLUG] Modular Windows in Anti-Trust Case

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 00:24:46 EDT

A few things though here.

Bach, who has worked as a contractor for Microsoft, had created the new
version using Windows XP Embedded,
a commercial Where do you buy this version Wal-Mart, Staples, Best Buys,
any Retail? Version of Windows designed for specialty devices such as cash
registers and automatic teller machines. So this being a closed version only
open to Hardware manufactures.

This was a embeded version for Cash Registers and ATM's so these would
never have a browser anyways.
But he did not use a Version designed for regular PC's which Microsoft sells
to the Consumer and Oem's.
Thus it would not contain such stuff as media player or I.E.

The bad thing is this verson probably do not even support x86 code as well
which again Microsoft could say hey we don't include the
browser in these versions anyways so there fore he has proven nothing. The
court needs to see a Consumer version that will no longer work like Windows
is suppose to with I.E. Removed because they use tons of shared resources as
we know as dll Hell. So I do not think that
this is such a big success because they story says he uses a version with a
piece of code never made in there.

What one of the worse things that needs to be challanged is How Many OEM"s
sell to the Consumer a PC without Windows Loaded in a Retail Store. Also why
didn't they ! This needs to be addressed as well.