Re: [SLUG] Suse Linux 8.0 installation issue - Help!

From: Jim Lange (jlange1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 01:06:26 EDT

I had to run the install 4 times to get it to work right. The first
time, I could log into KDE as root but when I tried as a user it would
crash. The second time ran into some errors reading some files from the
CD. So, I wiped the CD off on my T-shirt real good (Fruit of the
Loom-white) and it loaded ok except I picked 'enable 3D' on my Nvidia
card during X setup so it crashed. The 4th time was a charm though. I
then did the update to automatically load the Nvidia drivers. Seems ok
now.
Jim