Re: [SLUG] Home Business Idea

From: dopler2@juno.com
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 22:37:51 EDT

     All documents in court files are public record, unless a party in
the case petitions the court to seal the file or selected documents, and
the applicable judge grants an order to that effect.
     The only exception I am aware of is adoption records, which by state
law are sealed once the adoption is granted, and accessable only to the
petitioner's lawyer up to then. There may be other exceptions, but I only
work in one area, so that's what I know.

Frank Starr