Re: [SLUG] SuSE 8.0

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 23:51:04 EDT

YAST and YAST2 are not licensed under the GPL, rather they have a particular
SuSE license and the source code is available. I could not find any data on
it in the documentation. Perhaps the license is in a directory on their
website. SAX and SAX2 are licensed under the GPL.
There is some choice on the matter: Gnu/Linux has a number of utilites and
programs that have other open source licenses such as the BSD license, the
Mozilla license, artistic license, etc.
Smitty