RE: [SLUG] Best all-around laptop for Linux

From: Todd Robinson (mtrob@penguix.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 10:37:10 EDT

I'm using a Dell 8000 and have put together several others for clients.
Most dual boot RH & Win2k. RH 7.2 & 7.3 installed flawlessly for me.
Bought them with Win2k installed, used Partition Magic to push it onto
the 2nd half of the drive and then did the RH install on the first half.
RH saw the Win2k partition and put it up for me in both grub and lilo.

Todd

PS A really great resource for notebook users is www.linux-laptop.net