Re: [SLUG] Best all-around laptop for Linux

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:37:01 EDT

If you are looking for a cheap Laptop for Linux.
I have (Up until RH 7.3 which is having problems with the trident video
driver on the Thinkpad. I'm working with the developer on the problem
now) installed RH 6.2,7.0,7.1 and 7.2 on an IBM Thinkpad 760XL. Though
not the fastest laptop. It will run Linux. And you can find them pretty
cheap on E-bay. Though you have to be a little creative on the install
i.e. you can have a floppy or cdrom but not both. So you have to install
Linux from a small Dos partition. using Redhats dosutils to install with.

Mike M