Re: [SLUG] ATI All-In-Wonder and video apps

From: btt@nethouse.com
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 12:29:10 EDT

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:00:37AM -0400, Norbert Cartagena wrote:
> Hey all. I got this question as a result of my review on NewsForge for
> SuSE 8.0. I Don't quite know how to answer it - namely becuase I've
> never tried to even work with it - but I thought some of you might.
>
> (P.S. Now that he's asking that question, it has raised my own
> curiosity. Cool!)
>
> Gnorb
>
> [ snip ]

In general, it is recommended that the ati xfree86 drivers from the
gatos project (gatos.sf.net) be used. There are binaries compiled for
XFree 4.2.0 on the website, or the source readily compiles provided
that there exists a compiled XFree86 somewhere to compile the drivers
against.

I have an AIW r128 32MB AGP and it works great for me. I understand
the 32MB cards have a different chipset than the 16MB PCI, but the
gatos drivers should still fix him up. If that doesn't work, the
gatos-devel mailing list is an excellent place to start.