Re: [SLUG] Re: ftp problem

From: Gypsy (klgeorge@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 01:39:06 EDT

Ter wrote:

> I have had some solid "sniffer" results using "Ethereal" and "Ettercap",
> both GNU stuff. Some port scanners may help on the 2000 machine. Languard
> has a good one. If you haven't, try resolving the ftp client (Win 2000 box)
> by IP address, rather than by DNS/URL. Did you install any "Active
> Directory" on the 2000 box? (Big P.I.A... Ebola is a less deadly virus to a
> network, unless all Win2000).
> Pete

Yes, "Active Directory" was installed. The higher ups had this bright
idea to "upgrade" from WinNT 4 to Win2k and brought someone in to help
with the migration. The guy they brought in knows windows but nothing
else. I've spent quite a bit of time fixing the communication problems
between our Win2k server and our linux servers. If I had had my way we
would have switched to linux instead of Win2k but they don't listen to
me. I just have to fix the problems later. :)

--
KL

Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Triskele Legion Oxxx[]:::::::::::::>