Re: [SLUG] Re: ftp problem

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 09:59:10 EDT

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ken Billings wrote:

> Ok, I guess I'm a little confused then. Why would you suspect the win2k box
> has anything to do with this problem? It's not in the connection path, and

This is of course not a venue to critique MS design decisions
-- they tend to default to two port FTP, rather then the more
modern firewall-friendly 'passive' single port mode which is
compatible out of the box with all RFC compliant FTP servers.

There is a option in Control | Internet | Advances | advanced
options tab | for passive FTP, although they call it something
like 'some firewall require this'

A Windows reboot is necessary.

-- Rus Herrold