Re: [SLUG] configuring apache rendering file list in a directory.

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 12:00:30 EDT

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 10:41, Patrick (at work) wrote:
> I've set a directory and all files in the directory with read access for
> everyone. For the past hour I have been unsuccessful in configuring apache
> to render the list of files in the directory when viewed in . A 404 error
> is returned. I surmise the 404 is being rendered because it's looking for a
> default.html. How can I configure apache to simply render the file list in
> a directory.

If you're getting a 403 error, add this to your Directory or Location
section:

        Options Indexes

This should let you "view" that directory.

If you're getting a 404 error, you're requesting a file or path that
doesn't exist. Are you *sure* that the directory exists in that vhost?

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com