Re: [SLUG] configuring apache rendering file list in a directory.

From: Patrick \(at work\) (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 13:00:48 EDT

I was getting a 404
The error log:
File does not exist: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/home/shared/common

I created a symbolic link in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs called
common

Now I am getting a 403 - forbidden
Symbolic link not allowed: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/common

I am trying to create (in M$ lingo) a virtual directory
under
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs that points to
 /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/home/shared/common
so that
a browser pointed to http://www.myserver.com/common
will list the files in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/common
 When any changes are made to I have to stop and restart Apache? Or are the
conf files parsed with each access?