Re: [SLUG] More Odd Firewall Problems

From: Ter (ter450@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 06:38:40 EDT

The Road Runner IP leases are 2 hours. I am not sure of the length of your
lease, but probably is at least that long or longer. The standard lease on
a DHCP server is 72 hours. You may want to connect one of your boxes
directly to the DSL line (as a DSL client) to rule out whether or not it is
your router. The line itself may be flaking. Any new
neighbors/construction in the area? Some thing may have disrupted the DSL
line. Since I have Road Runner... sometimes, when my RR is flaking, my
cable picture will be poor, course' this does not help you. Does your DSL
modem have any diagnostic lights? My cable modem, when flaking, will
sometimes have a blinking "cable light"
Pete