Re: [SLUG] DNS Server -- RR POP3/SSL

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 14:32:54 EDT

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 13:12, Jason Copenhaver wrote:
> actually yeah.. I did think of that.. or actually.. somone suggested i run
> DNRD which is a DNS relay/cache daemon.. this way I will have my most used
> names resolved already..
>
> Jason

Excellent. I have RR at home as well and I know how flaky their network
services can be at times -- DNS, pop, smtp,etc.
On a side note, I noticed the other day that pop-server.tampabay.rr.com
"supports" ssl, but I can not authenticate to their pop server(s) with
ssl enabled (I accepted the unsigned certificate). I receive a "ssl pop
operation is not allowed for this user" message. I can pop mail fine
with ssl disabled -- cleartext.
Has anyone been able to get ssl working with the RR pop server? Or is
this feature reserved only for the privileged few?

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator