Re: [SLUG] School Project Update

From: Jan Mason (td376@mail.anonymizer.com)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 10:34:07 EDT

Take a look at the KRUD Linux distrubition.
http://www.tummy.com/krud/

>From their website:
"KRUD is based on a complete Red Hat Linux install with all of the errata and
updates included, plus extra packages added in by Kevin of tummy.com. "

The KRUD distribution comes out once a month and goes for $65/12 months.
They also have a server version. This is the distribution that Eric S.
Raymond uses.

--
Jan Mason
td376@mail.anonymizer.com

On Thursday 16 May 2002 07:07 pm, you wrote: > To all the Volunteers, > > THANK YOU! First of all, we have won the deal and will be installing the > system at the school. At the request of the director, this needs to happen > ASAP. Not to worry...we'll talk about it on Saturday. > > Secondly, please come prepared to discuss firewall, DCHP, File & Print, and > distro's of Linux we want to use. I am leaning toward Reh Hat, but > anything is an option at this point. > > The bottom line...Microsoft is out...Linux is in, and we're going to make > this happen!! > > Thanks again to you all for your support and willingness to be a part of > this project. We'll celebrate geek style when we're done. > > Sincerely, > > Dave > ***************** > David R. Meyer > President > CRB Technologies, Inc. > 813.651.4933 (ph) > 813.389.4529 (mobile) > david@crbtechnologies.com > Custom Data Solutions Powered by SuSE Linux > http://www.crbtechnologies.com