Re: [SLUG] staroffice

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 22:05:27 EDT

I would not be willing to pay $40.00 for a old version that is less
compatible with the other stuff than paying
$79.00 that is more compatible. I would suggest Open Office first though at
the whopping cost of FREE!
5.2 is not really that well compatible because most do not use Ms.Word RTF
formats default is 95% .doc format
and .txt

Off the subject a little here.

It would be nice since IBM is in the Linux Bandwagon to release a form of
Lotus Smart Suite for Linux.
How ever IBM yet refuses to think of this. If they ported it then they could
offer one of the first Office Suites that could
run even on a Main Frame!!!!! <---- This would be a 1-2 punch that the
Redmond jerks would have duck for cover.

Three places I worked for used main frames and always had to use some
creative custom written apps to export data to a comma delimited file then
import it in a Document file, spread sheet and database.

Anyways go for Open Office !!!!!!!!!! Then Star Office at $79.00 which is a
little high right out. Should be between $45.00 $75.00 . Oh well we shall
see.