[SLUG] SuSE Setup Questions

From: doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 20:29:42 EDT

Made the trek to BestBuy and snagged a copy of SuSE 8.0 personal.

It appeared to load OK next to Win98se on my wife's PC ... but ...
with one error:

"Package util-linux returned an error. Do you want to see the log file?
Installing util-linux-2.11n-75.i386 ... ERROR"

Is this critical? What is the preferred process to attempt an install?

Also, when setting up my 3Com 3C905 card to interface with ADSL I
chose DHCP, including setting up the host name and name server via DHCP.

Am I OK there? (seems to work OK for Web browsing w/Konqueror)

KMail is another story. Even with the account information completed it
keeps popping up a window asking for that info.

Suggestions, please?

Thanks! doc