Re: [SLUG] regex

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 20:44:58 EDT

On Sunday 19 May 2002 05:01 pm, Paul M Foster wrote:

> BTW, thanks for posting this. My wife and I have been getting a lot of
> email with large mime-encoded attachments. She runs Windows, but not
> Outlook or like products, so she's had no "infections" from this. I run

Hay, thanks for the verification and test! Now I get to find out if exchange
will do regular expressions. IF not, the firewall box is a Sun box of some
sort, and I bet it will.
BTW there was one other procmail filter that looked like it should work well:
:0 B
*^.*name=.*\.(vb[esx]|jse?|ws[hf]|c[ho]m|bat|cmd|s hb|hta|exe|lnk|pif|scr|shs)
/dev/null

I changed /dev/null to a mailbox name to see what I would catch. So far, just
a few. My ISP is using Linux, so they may be doing some filtering for me just
to keep mail traffic managable, dunno. I also changed the klez line in
.procmail to:

:0 B
*^135AAItEjhyJRI8ci0SOGIlEjxiLRI4UiUSPFItEjhCJRI8Qi 0SODIlEjwyLRI4IiUSPCItE$
klez

so that it would search the body of the message. Please advise if I have made
any mistakes here.