Re: [SLUG] CD Burning software

From: Justin Keyes (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 22:49:52 EDT

On Sun, 19 May 2002, robin wrote:

> I bought a USB CD burner (Plextor) and it detects fine under Mandrake
> 8.2, but so far I have not been able to figure out XCDRoasert, the only
> CD-making software I've tried so far.

Distros will detect CDRW drive but that doesn't mean they set up the SCSI
emulation (hence you can read CDs but you can't _write_ to CDR or
CDRW). Someone may correct me on this, but my _guess_ is that USB CDRWs
would require SCSI emulation, just as IDE CDRW drives do.

By the way, what kind of errors or problems are you getting when you try
to use XCDRoast?