Re: [SLUG] need a little help

From: Justin Keyes (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 22:56:16 EDT

--- A2L1 <A2L1@gte.net> wrote:

> With SuSE 8.0 I
> cant get the distro to accept(or even identify) the scsi
> card I have---Qlogic fas-- and therefore cant use SuSE.

Are you relying only on SuSE's GUI tools? If so, you can't
give up there--those tools often fall short of Linux's actual
boundaries.

> 1.How can I get SuSe to "see" the scsi card I so I can get
> this scanner to work in SuSE.

I think this is just a matter of loading the right module.
YaST does _not_ work for everything.

> 2 Forgoing the first what could I be doing wrong in Mandrake
> to cause kooka to freeze up the entire box?

Just out of curiousity, are you running the program as root
when the box freezes?

> 3. Is there a scanner prog that will work other/better than
> kooka?

What about the GIMP?

=====
Justin Keyes, m9u35@yahoo.com