RE: [SLUG] SIGSEGV error

From: William R Coulter (wreedc@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 21:23:13 EDT

You wrote:

For future reference, be careful before you assume that Linux is locked
up. It may well be that you can go out to a console (not X Window) and
shut down the machine in an orderly fashion. It can also be that Linux
is thinking deeply about something and needs time to complete the
thought before it continues on.

Message:

I did try and go to a console. I know that when you push F1 or F5 it drops
you to a black screen and a prompt. I did do that and the computer did
nothing. I did wait a few minutes to be sure that it was lock. Well, maybe
I didn't wait long enough.

William