Re: [SLUG] windows emulators

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 22:34:15 EDT

Carnsarn it all you bunch of young whippersnappers! (he barks while
grabbing at his upper plate flying across the room, that hits the
one-eyed cat who then jumps and knocks over the Sinclair ZX-80, which
falls on the keys of the TRS-80 model 200 portable and starts WWW III by
sending a message at 300 baud to the worlds lone surviving pirate BBS).

'Way back long, long ago, I remember installing a text mode WordPerfect
(5.someodd) for a client on an Altos computer with serial terminals and
some kind of unix-like OS (SCO?!) 'way back in 1990 or there 'bouts. It
was probably available for unix several years before even that. 'Course
that was 'way before Corel bought it, GUI'ed it and screweyed it.

Bottom line: WordPerfect has been available for unix-like platforms at
LEAST 12 or more years that I'm aware of.

Anybody remember (dare I say it!) WordStar?

Ed.

bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Corel has had word perfect versions for Unix and Linux for over 4 years.

<snip>