Re: [SLUG] Hey, what's this all about???

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 13:40:55 EDT

>From my perspecive I fully support Ed's view. It is ultimately aimed at
potential supporters of Linux. It will cost money (not a bad thing in todays
if-you-don't-have-money-you're-a-criminal society). The more attention Linux
receives the more it will be developed. In the end we all win.

I love being able to download Linux for free. (But I buy copies every now and
then to support it, plus I get a new reference book.) After all it would be
bad if it disappeared due to monetary reasons. This is of course not likely
as Linux Distributions are providing a needed and wanted function. I do
expect the number of players to drop to a few big ones, and the normal small
here today and gone tomorrow distro's.

--

Steve ________________________________________________________ HTML in e-mail creates out-security, and more spam. By using it you teach others, less knowledgeable, that it's safe to use.