Re: [SLUG] setserial question

From: John Danielson, II (jdii1215@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 19:32:29 EDT

Smitty wrote:

>I have configured setserial to run at boot up and get a message that it fails
>to start (but in fact it does) with the message "invalid flag 12".
>The man pages do not explain this or any other invalid flag. Can anyone
>direct me to somewhere where this could be clarified?
>Smitty
>
>p.s.
>apologies if there is an accidental second posting of this. First time went
>awry.

flag error usually means a syntax error in the call.

I would start at:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO.html#toc1

And read as needed, with possible priority to section 10.

What DOS calls switches, Unix and Linux sometimes call flags.

Registered Linux User #276212, Machine #158988
"Use what works best for your needs, at minimum total cost of ownership."