RE: [SLUG] HELP: Installing PostgreSQL on RedHat 7.3

From: Todd Robinson (mtrob@penguix.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 21:59:30 EDT

You'll want to read this...

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/

And this is probably a quicker reference

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/creating-clu
ster.html

But, you'll really want to read through the majority of the docs if you
haven't run this type of server before. There is a lot to understand.
It's not hard really, just a lot of stuff to dig through. The server
runs, usually runs under user 'postgres'. You need to be this user to
work with it.

Todd