Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8.2 and Evolution

From: John Danielson, II (jdii1215@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 07:37:48 EDT

Carson Wilcox wrote:

>Bill
>
>Thanks for the response, at least I know I'm not
>alone.
>
>Carson
>
>--- Bill <bill@organic-earth.com> wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 12 June 2002 09:17, you wrote:
>>

>>>Just wondering, has anyone had any problems with
>>>Evolution and Mandrake 8.2
>>>

>>Carson,
>>
>>I wrestled with it on MDK 8.0 for a while before
>>giving up. I never could get
>>it to work correctly for me and it gave me grief
>>about my KDE menus so I
>>pitched it.
>>
>>I feel culturally deprived, but them's the breaks.
>>
>>--
>> 12:35am up 113 days, 20:44, 5 users, load
>>average: 0.24, 0.16, 0.10
>>
>>"I'm thinking of going back to Windows;
>>in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."
>>
>> http://organic-earth.com
>> Organic urban gardening. With photos.

>http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Mine, in KDE 3.0.1, works for everything except receiving email. It
appears to need pppd, which I do NOT use (cable). I can smtp, but not
POP3 and netscape's IMAP server likes to reauth and it does not do that
right. So, use Evo for PIM, and Netscape 7.0 PR 1 mail client module for
email. Most People can't bounce email through a Java email CLIENT. This
is a workstation, very little server stuff running except for core
daemons and needed GUI stuff.

John.

Registered Linux User #276212, Machine #158988
"Use what works best for your needs, at minimum total cost of ownership."