Re: [SLUG] my sig

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 08:11:15 EDT

> Don't know if you checked freshmeat or not, I found this there:
> http://mackers.com/misc/scripts/autosig/

Here's my favorite:

ftp://ftp.jayhawks.net/pub/Scripts/sig_rotate.pl

cron runs it for me once a minute. It chooses a file from
~/.signatures/ (you can configure this) pseudorandomly and copies it to
~/.signature (you can configure this too).

And since I add sig files pretty often, I've also got this running to
help me choose from recent additions:

0 5 * * * /bin/sh -c "cd /home/SANITIZED/.signatures ; ls -t | \
head -n 10 | xargs head > ../newsigs"

But I don't run that at work, so when I want to use a sig file, I just
type dash dash space newline and paste in a quote.

Ben

--
"There ain't no rules around here.
 We're trying to accomplish something."