[SLUG] trident problems with Xfree 4.x

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 16:39:39 EDT

Has anyone had any luck with getting trident drivers to work on xfree
4.x? I have an IBM Thinkpad 760xl which I can't get Redhat 7.3 X to work
thought this same machine will run 7.2 just fine. Also I have a friend
that is trying to install 7.1 on a Compaq 1200 XL 100 and he also can't
get the trident drive to work on the lcd screen He can get it working on
an external monitor.

Does anyone have any of the above mentioned machines running X, We could
sure use some hints on how to get this to work. Searching Google
uncovers lots of config files but they are mostly for xfree 3.x before
they did away with the mode lines.

Thanks in advance.
Mike M .