Re: [SLUG] trident problems with Xfree 4.x

From: Justin Keyes (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 18:26:43 EDT

--- Mike Manchester <mchester@pobox.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck with getting trident drivers to work on xfree
>
> 4.x? I have an IBM Thinkpad 760xl which I can't get Redhat 7.3 X to
> work
> thought this same machine will run 7.2 just fine. Also I have a
> friend
> that is trying to install 7.1 on a Compaq 1200 XL 100 and he also
> can't
> get the trident drive to work on the lcd screen He can get it working
> on
> an external monitor.
>
> Does anyone have any of the above mentioned machines running X, We
> could

yes, i do. v. 3 of X

I use a trident vid card with my old comp... if you are talking about
the old video card, you are supposed to use XF86 v. 3.x. Although
perhaps in the future maybe you can use XF86 v. 4 since Bryan mentioned
that v. 4 "doesn't have as many drivers as v. 3" (or something like
that, hope i didn't misquote him).... which leads me to believe that
v.4 might be all-encompassing in the future. As of SuSE 7.2, old cards
were supposed to use v. 3 of X.

=====
Justin Keyes, m9u35@yahoo.com